- PMIC – ICD & DRG Coding – This is a free lookup service for finding out IDC and DRG coding used by health care professionals. It’s very useful if you have been given a code for medical diagnosis and need a cross reference source.
- WebMD – One of the best sites for general consumer information on health-related issues and advice.
- HealthFinder – Your guide to reliable health information from the U. S. Government. Lots of
useful information on everything from prevention & wellness, diseases & conditions, to alternative medicine.
- National Cancer Institute – The National Cancer Institute coordinates the National Cancer Program, which conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs with respect to the cause, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer, rehabilitation from cancer, and the continuing care of cancer patients and the families of cancer patients.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – An easy place to locate the latest information on the most current health crises happening around the world. This is the website that offers up to date information and statistics on diseases, clinical trials, and other authoritative information on diseases in a format focused on the general public.
- MedLine Plus – A goldmine of good health information from the world’s largest
medical library, the National Library of Medicine. Health professionals and consumers alike can depend on it for information that is authoritative and up to
date. MEDLINEplus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 600 diseases and conditions. There are
also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription
and nonprescription drugs, health information from the media, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
All links verified 04/14/16.