Archive for CastleShannonLibrary
To be the center for information and discovery by providing resources for life-long education and enjoyment for our community.
To enrich the lives of our community in a safe environment for education, access to technology, programs, and recreational services.
- Inform the community about the library’s services and programs.
- Remain an active participant in the Pennsylvania state-wide summer reading programs.
- Continue to provide meaningful programs for all age groups.
- Comfortable Environment
- Expand police visibility in the library to create a safe experience for the patrons and staff.
- Actively participate in relevant communication with the patrons, staff, and community.
- Accommodate the needs of our patrons by providing complete access to all available resources we offer.
- Access to Technology
- Integrate access to computers with the newest trends that are appropriate for all age groups.
- Continue our partnership with the eiNetwork.
- Supply electronic opportunities to downloadable and streaming items.
- Make various opportunities available for amusement and/or leisure time.
Adopted September 6, 2017
Sponsored by the Friends of the Castle Shannon Library. Refreshments, Bake Sale, 50/50 Raffle and Plenty of Tables to Shop From! Please come Out & Support the Friends and the Library!
The 2019 Enjoy Books have arrived! The Enjoy Book features savings at hundreds of local restaurants. In addition, the coupons apply at the movies, at special events, on services, and much more. Start using the coupons immediately!
ACCESS PENNSYLVANIA’S POWER Library services are funded primarily by:
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s “Library Access” budget line item; and
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
These funds are administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
Notice of these funding sources must be provided on all printed or electronic presentations of POWER Library resources as listed below.
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
OCL reserves the right to change or terminate the ACCESS PENNSYLVANIA POWER Library program based on the availability of funding, program needs, or the availability of vendors that can provide qualified services.
The Castle Shannon Library is excited to announce that we have purchased a Little Free Library that is located at the Borough Building.
What is a Little Free Library, you ask?
A Little Free Library is a “take a book, return a book” free book exchange. They come in many shapes and sizes, but the most common version is a small wooden box of books. Anyone may take a book or bring a book to share.
Online donations are now being accepted for the library. Please click the button below to place your donation.